Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> on 2015/04/14 00:59:00 UTC

Streamline contribution process with update to Contribution wiki, JIRA rules

Pardon, I wanted to call attention to a JIRA I just created...

... in which I propose what I hope are some changes to the
contribution process wiki that could help a bit with the flood of
reviews and PRs. I'd be grateful for your thoughts and comments there,
as it's my current pet issue.

Re: Streamline contribution process with update to Contribution wiki, JIRA rules

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Sean,
This is not the first time, I am hearing it.
I agree with JIRA suggestion.
In most of the companies that I worked, we have 'no status', 'no type', when a jira is created. And we set both, in sprint planning meetings.

I am not sure, how easy it would be for apache jira.  As any change might effect every apache project.
Thanking you.

With Regards
Sree

     On Monday, April 13, 2015 4:20 PM, Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Wow, I had an open email draft to whine (yet again) about our open PR count
and provide some suggestions.

Will redirect that to the JIRA Sean created. Sweet!

Nick

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.