Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Todd Burruss <bb...@expedia.com> on 2011/09/14 20:06:15 UTC

selective replication

Has anyone done any work on what I'll call "selective replication" between DCs?  I want to use Cassandra to replicate data to another virtual DC (for analytical purposes), but only "inserts", not "deletes".

Picture having two data centers, DC1 for OLTP of short lived data (say 90 day window) and DC2 for OLAP (years of data).  DC2 would probably be a Brisk setup.

In this scenario, clients would get/insert/delete from DC1 (the OLTP system) and DC1 would replicate inserts only to DC2 (the OLAP system) for analytics.  I don't have any experience (yet) with multi-dc replication, but I don't think this is possible.

Thoughts?

Re: selective replication

Posted by Adrian Cockcroft <ad...@gmail.com>.
This has been proposed a few times, there are some good use cases for
it, and there is no current mechanism for it, but it's been discussed
as a possible enhancement.

Adrian