Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/24 15:00:53 UTC

Preparing for 0.17.0 Arrow release

Hi all,
A few weeks ago, there seemed to be consensus (lazy, at least) for a 0.17
release at the end of the month. Judging from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Arrow+0.17.0+Release, it
looks like we're getting closer.

I'd encourage everyone to review their backlogs and (1) bump from 0.17
scope any tickets they don't plan to finish this week, and (2) if there are
any issues that should block release, make sure they are flagged as
"blockers".

Neal

Re: Preparing for 0.17.0 Arrow release

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
if you mean he connection error that's a flake. The kartothek build
nightly passes in the last 3 reports.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
We'll receive three nightly reports per day until the release, see the
failing tasks there.

Failed Tasks:
- conda-osx-*:
- conda-win-*:
- wheel-osx-cp38:
- wheel-win-*:
  Python dataset tests are failing, possible related to silently
ignoring paths when reading via the new ParquetDataset.
  Not trivial to reproduce.

- test-conda-python-3.7-hdfs-2.9.2:
  Unable to download hadoop from the apache mirror, probably not a
blocker but would be nice to see that hdfs tests are passing.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
That may be so. If we do partially revert it (the dict return value is the
only thing probably that needs to be changed), we need to get the
downstream libraries to make changes to allow us to make this change.
Another option is returning the KV wrapper via another attribute.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.

Posted by Joris Van den Bossche <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.
Hi,

I added the following issue to the cpp-1.6.0 milestone:

* PARQUET-1835 [C++] Fix crashes on invalid input (OSS-Fuzz)

There's a PR up for it and it's simple enough to be validated quickly, IMHO.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fan Liya <li...@gmail.com>.
I see ARROW-6871 in the list.

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.