Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by JC <jj...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/28 00:00:32 UTC

Jmeter URL parameter question

Hi, I am new to Jmeter. I have some questions about alter URL parameter in
Jmeter. Please see if you could give me some advise.

All I am trying to do is to alter the existing URL parameter value in my HTTP
Sampliers to be unique between each Thread and each loop. I record the Http
request and I don't want to change each individual Samplier's HTTP request
parameter to be something like ${value}. And I want to change the existing one
instead of "appending" a new URL parameter.

Beside, is there a way of getting the current looping number? I want to be able
to make my request parameter value to be something like Thread_N_Loop_M. I
could use ${__threadNum} to get the thread number, is there any way to get the
Loop number? The number could be different base on what user enter in the
Thread Group page for running, I don't want to read some xml file to retrieve
the value. (It is not fixed) And All I want is just a counter or a random
number just make it different per loop.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks

JC