Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Matola, Tod" <To...@stercomm.com> on 2006/06/08 17:11:13 UTC

MSSQL case-sensitive?

Hello,

 Using the multi-db installer to install J2 against MSSQL db, well it
installs fine. I get an exception when attempt a login.

[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl] ERROR: SQLException
during the execution of the query (for
org.apache.jetspeed.security.om.impl.InternalUserPrincipalImpl):
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Invalid column
name 'principal_id'.

[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Invalid column
name 'principal_id'.

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for
JDBC][SQLServer]Invalid column name 'principal_id'.

I believe that this corresponds to

CREATE TABLE SECURITY_PRINCIPAL

(

            PRINCIPAL_ID INT NOT NULL,

            CLASSNAME VARCHAR (254) NOT NULL,

            IS_MAPPING_ONLY INT NOT NULL,

            IS_ENABLED INT NOT NULL,

            FULL_PATH VARCHAR (254) NOT NULL,

            CREATION_DATE DATETIME NOT NULL,

            MODIFIED_DATE DATETIME NOT NULL,

    CONSTRAINT SECURITY_PRINCIPAL_PK PRIMARY KEY(PRINCIPAL_ID),

    UNIQUE (FULL_PATH));

Also I have been able (via a sql client) to get the query "select
PRINCIPAL_ID from SECURITY_PRINCIPAL" to return successful results, but
not "select principal_id from SECURITY_PRINCIPAL" is there an option on
the DB server that is required (I'm not real familiar with MSSQL
configs)?

Cheers Tod,