Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julien Stern <ju...@cryptolog.com> on 2005/11/02 19:34:33 UTC

[m2] install plugin bug with classifiers ?

The install plugin does not seem to work when used with classifiers.
When I use the jar plugin with a classifier, the install fails
(the install plugin tries to use "$MYPROJECTDIR/target/classes"
as the artifact name to install.

Is it forbidden to use classifier with install/deploy ?
Or is it a bug ?
Or is there a correct way to configure the use of this case ?

Julien Stern

Re: [m2] install plugin bug with classifiers ?

Posted by Julien Stern <ju...@cryptolog.com>.
On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 10:37:22AM +1100, Brett Porter wrote:
> The first is easier. You should be able to remove the executions
> element then, and just add the configuration for both plugins in the
> profile when it is activated.
>
> If that doesn't work, can you attach a minimal test case to a jira
> item for 2.0.1?

Brett,

I believe I finally managed to understand what was going on.
In short, the install plugin seems to fail if there are only attached
artifacts and no "main" artifact present.

See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1616

Also, attached is a small patch that fixes the problem, but in such
an atrocious way that I'd rather not put it on JIRA :)
It is just there to underline where the problem is.

Julien

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julien Stern <ju...@cryptolog.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.