Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike Koponick <mk...@redhawk.info> on 2005/07/13 01:54:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirect?

Hello,

I have a situation on my internal website where I don't want users to be
able to use an extended URL.

Example, http://www.example.com/test.html/pic.jpg

If they try to go to that link, I would like to redirect them to
http://www.example.com/

So in other words, if they save a particular URL they still need to go
back to a login page.

What's the best way to handle this?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Re: [users@httpd] Redirect?

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 7/12/05, Mike Koponick <mk...@redhawk.info> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a situation on my internal website where I don't want users to be
> able to use an extended URL.
>
> Example, http://www.example.com/test.html/pic.jpg
>
> If they try to go to that link, I would like to redirect them to
> http://www.example.com/
>
> So in other words, if they save a particular URL they still need to go back
> to a login page.
>
> What's the best way to handle this?

Search for information regarding "referer blocking".  But that will
never give you 100% results.  If you want something close to that, you
need to manage sessions using cookies or something like that.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Redirect?

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
I think you should rely on your application with cookies - it will be
easy to handle.
- Aman