Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Dr. Scott S. Jones" <sc...@fyrenice.com> on 2005/09/08 19:00:10 UTC

[users@httpd] installation trouble, localhost loads, but other install web apps fail to load on apache2 2.0.54-4 or apache 1.3.33-6

I currently have apache2, apache-ssl installed on my Debian 3.1 system, which
I recently installed to a new SATA hard drive in my system. The system
contains Debian 3.0 installed on an older drive. I had apache 1.3 running on
that system, serving up pages for SugarCRM, as well as for Mailman for
several news lists and a few other web applications (Mambo, Sql-ledger).

Now, on my new drive, with 3.1...I can't get apache to serve up the pages for
any of these web based applications.

I copied over all the configuration files, such as httpd.conf, et al to the
corresponding directories on the new hard drive. Yet, I am still unable to
get apache to work with these applications.

Should I purge the new hdd of all references and files and folders naming
'apache' and run apt-get purge apache, apache 2, et al, or is there a more
delicate and sane way of configuring this to work? Some friends are telling
me to backup and reformat the drive, which sounds a bit extreme to me.

Thanks for any help.

Scott