Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Al Lias <al...@gmx.de> on 2010/04/06 21:09:19 UTC

Re: What means log "DIR* NameSystem.completeFile: failed to complete..." ?

Hi,

	I set my Hbase' table families to a relativly small MAX_FILESIZE value
of 10Mb (to get many regions fast), which triggers a

"CompactSplitThread:IOException: Could not complete write to file..."

after some time - with a lost region (lost until restart of that RS). It
does not happen on any compaction/split though, I estimate in 1 of 20 cases.

I am loading small records at a rate of 100..600 per second to a 20 node
cluster (20x16Gb,4Core). LZO compression. Hbase 0.20.3.
dfs.datanode.socket.write.timeout=0 if that matters.

Has somebody an idea, why this underlaying hdfs error occurs (as
explained by Todd in the hadoop-common list)?

Thx,
  Al