Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by bharath v <bh...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/08 14:47:17 UTC

Password less ssh from slave to slave

Hi all,

Do we require a Password less ssh from slave to slave ?

Thanks

Re: Password less ssh from slave to slave

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Massoud Mazar <Ma...@avg.com> wrote:
> As far as I have seen, password-less ssh is only required from Master to slaves, to start/stop slave services.

Yes and No. (Mostly no) The hadoop components have their own protocol.

Password-less SSH is  used to by start-all.sh components, they using
the remote SSH commands.

a localstartup looks like this:
cd $hadoop_home
bin/hadoop-daemon.sh stop namenode
bin/hadoop-daemon.sh stop datanode
bin/hadoop-daemon.sh stop jobtracker
bin/hadoop-daemon.sh stop tasktracker

RE: Password less ssh from slave to slave

Posted by Massoud Mazar <Ma...@avg.com>.