Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Foran, Christopher" <Ch...@fmr.com> on 2004/06/10 19:07:19 UTC

RE: PostMethod 's recycle method has problem

I think I know the answer to this one.  You need to call .recycle()
after every .execute().

Posted by Himanshu Thube <hi...@kenati.com>.
Hi Christopher

Well thats the main problem. When my code comes to asynchPost.recycle()
in code below the program hangs !!

I am giving some code below to give an idea. This is not the original
code though. Does anybody know whats wrong here  ??

while(myflag) {

if(asyncState!=null) {
asynchPost.execute(asyncState,asyncConnection);
} else {
statusCode = asynchHttpsclient.executeMethod(asynchPost);
asyncState=asynchHttpsclient.getState();
}

        if(asynchPost==null) {
            if(usehttps) {
                asynchPost = new PostMethod(httpsasynchUri.toString());
            } else {
                asynchPost = new PostMethod(httpasynchUri.toString());
            }
        } else if (asynchPost.hasBeenUsed()) {
           asynchPost.recycle();
        }
        if(deviceProperty.getRequestObject()!=null) {
            Document
request=(Document)deviceProperty.getRequestObject();
            asynchPost.setRequestBody(new
String(MyUtils.getBytesOfDom(request)));
        }
}