Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/23 20:11:11 UTC

logging in trunk

Hi,

I cleaned up a little bit of logging dependencies in framework. That
work is definitely not complete but basic logging should be working
now. For example, if you want to see logging statements during the
build from car-maven-plugin just run "mvn install
-Dorg.ops4j.pax.logging.DefaultServiceLog.level=DEBUG". At runtime (in
the framework assembly) the messages should also be logged to
karaf.log file.

When you are converting the plugins please make sure to avoid the
following dependencies: log4j (bundle or non-bundle), jcl-over-slf4j,
jul-to-slf4j, slf4j-api, or slf4j-log4j12. The pax-logging-api/service
should be used instead (at least for now).

Jarek

Re: logging in trunk

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 26, 2009, at 10:10 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> I'm trying to update the wiki but I keep getting these proxy errors
> (Reason: Error reading from remote server.). Is anybody else seeing
> these too?

Ya. Last time that I was making some Wiki updates. Have always been
able to complete my updates by retrying... I'm assuming that this is
all related to the heavy-traffic/DDOS issues that Infra has been
struggling with -- https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/ddos_mystery_involving_linux_and

--kevan

Re: logging in trunk

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
So while converting the plugins, we still use slf4j API, but change the
dependency from slf4j-api to pax-logging-api, right ?
While I compile the some framework modules, like geronimo-system, I got some
compilation errors, after adding pax-logging-api dependency, it worked fine.
Do we need to add the pax-logging-api to those POM files ?

--
Ivan

Re: logging in trunk

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.