Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Gert Cuykens <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/01 19:20:55 UTC

couchdb 1.3 system databases read protection

Every doc in a system databases like _users is read protected now. Can
this protection system also be applied to normal databases?

Re: couchdb 1.3 system databases read protection

Posted by Gert Cuykens <ge...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Gert Cuykens <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Every doc in a system databases like _users is read protected now. Can
>> this protection system also be applied to normal databases?
>
> no, not yet at least. But that could indeed be an interresting feature :)

 As far as I understand for this to work is that all views of any kind
are disabled for that database right?

Re: couchdb 1.3 system databases read protection

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Gert Cuykens <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Every doc in a system databases like _users is read protected now. Can
> this protection system also be applied to normal databases?

no, not yet at least. But that could indeed be an interresting feature :)

- benoƮt