Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bansalp <bp...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/22 08:11:44 UTC

Stats for Virtual Topic

I have started using virtual topic in myActiveMQ setup and I was wondering if
there are any stats available for virtual topic which I can log.

--bansalp

Re: Stats for Virtual Topic

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Sure, that's true.  Or if you're doing this in code, you could parse the
XML of your broker config file to determine that info and output it when
you log the destination.

But I think this would be a useful addition to the JMX MBean attributes;
why don't you submit an enhancement request?  If you're lucky, maybe
someone will implement it in time for 5.11.0?

Re: Stats for Virtual Topic

Posted by bansalp <bp...@gmail.com>.

Re: Stats for Virtual Topic

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Well, the default configuration for Virtual Topics (
http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html) specifies that all
topics that are virtual begin with "VirtualTopic." and all consumer queues
for virtual topics begin with "Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.", and even if
you've changed the default configuration, it wouldn't be hard to figure out
(in code as well as in a human brain) which ones are virtual and which ones
are not.  So I'm not sure your statement that there is no distinguishing
factor is accurate.  Am I overlooking something?

Re: Stats for Virtual Topic

Posted by bansalp <bp...@gmail.com>.

Re: Stats for Virtual Topic

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Have you looked at what's exposed in JMX (e.g. in JConsole)?  Are those
things not available for virtual destinations?  (I don't use them, so I
don't know.)

Re: Stats for Virtual Topic

Re: Stats for Virtual Topic

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
What kind of stats did you have in mind?