Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kalra, Ashwani" <as...@cgey.com> on 2003/12/29 11:33:43 UTC

struts and JDeveloper 9.03

hi,
I am working with Jdeveloper and Struts 1.1
When I try to run any page ,  its not able to find the core action class.
struts.jar is lying in lib dir

Error is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/Action
java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(java.lang.String, byte[],
int, int, java.security.ProtectionDomain) 		native code

Thanks
Ashwani Kalra
http://www.geocities.com/ashwani_kalra

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
of this message.

RE: struts and JDeveloper 9.03

Posted by Steve Muench <St...@oracle.com>.
JDeveloper 9.0.3 ships with Struts 1.1 Beta 2

JDeveloper 9.0.4 and JDeveloper 10g ship with Struts 1.1 Final

This article explains the steps of running a Struts-based demo (like our BC4J/Struts Toy Store Demo) under 9.0.3 using Struts 1.1
Final. It should contain the steps that you need to run your application with Struts 1.1 Final if you don't want to yet move up to
JDeveloper 9.0.4.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0118231/stories/2003/07/07/configuringTheBc4jToyStoreApplicationToUseTheStruts11FinalRelease.html

Steve Muench - Technical Evangelist, Product Mgr, Developer, Author - Oracle
http://radio.weblogs.com/0118231/

> I am working with Jdeveloper and Struts 1.1 When I try to run any page
> ,  its not able to find the core action class.
> struts.jar is lying in lib dir
>
> Error is
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/Action
> java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(java.lang.String, byte[],
> int, int, java.security.ProtectionDomain) 		native code
>
> Thanks
> Ashwani Kalra
> http://www.geocities.com/ashwani_kalra

> confidential and is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
> Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to read,
> print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or
> any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Hello,

JDeveloper 9.0.3 puts it's own version of struts.jar in the lib directory, which is older than Struts 1.1.  This causes the error
when you try to run the pages.  Try making an empty jar file, setting it to read only, and replace the struts.jar in the lib
directory with it.
This will prevent JDeveloper from overwriting it with it's version again.

This is a kind of annoying hack, and if anyone has a better suggestion, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

Re: struts and JDeveloper 9.03

Posted by Patrick Schilling <ps...@tcfbank.com>.

Posted by Adrien GEYMOND <ad...@cgey.com>.
Hello,

have you also put the struts.jar library in the Configurations/Libraries of
your project settings ?
You can access the project settings by double-clicking on you 'project.jpr'
in Jdev

I hope, it helps you ...