Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Watkins, Herb" <hw...@vignette.com> on 2002/09/05 20:40:56 UTC

Struts 1.1b2 on Weblogic 6.0 sp2

After searching the list archives I have seen other people having this
problem but I am having it with the 'struts-example' application. I get the
following exception below when browsing to '/struts-example'.  I have
attempted to follow the instructions in the README and INSTALL files in that
I have all of the .war files in the '/applications' folder.  The
documentation app works but I suppose it does not use the message resources.

While I suspect this has something to do with the <init-param>
'application', I just wanted to be sure I was not doing some thing wrong
with example app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Herb Watkins

[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.tagli
b.html.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.util.
LocalStrings', returnNull=true
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.tagli
b.bean.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
<Sep 5, 2002 12:38:48 PM CDT> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(1487288,stru
ts-example)] Root cause of ServletException
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apac
he.struts.action.MESSAGE
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.message(RequestUtils.java:819)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:2
95)
        at jsp_servlet._index._jspService(_index.java:129)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:213)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:246)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:1265)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1631)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

Herb Watkins
IT Applications
IT Application Developer
Vignette Corporation