Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jchappelle <jc...@4redi.com> on 2013/11/23 00:19:20 UTC

Link to BreadCrumbPanel from javascript

I have written an integration between Google Visualization api and Wicket. I
can click on a chart and receive an onSelection() event in java and it hands
me information about what was clicked. This all works great.

The problem is that often times I want to bread crumb to another panel
instead of calling setResponsePage(new MyPage()) so that the user can return
to the chart easily. I have looked at BreadCrumbLink and used some of the
code in there to modify the BreadCrumbModel and set the active participant.
However, since it is ajax, the page never gets updated. I've tried adding
several panels to the AjaxRequestTarget to no avail. Is there a trick for
doing something like this?

Thanks!

Re: Link to BreadCrumbPanel from javascript

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

You can broadcast an event (see Component.send()) and the event can bring a
payload that is AjaxRequestTarget itself or has a reference to it.
This way any component in the page can react on different event/payload
types.