Posted to dev@diversity.apache.org by Matt Sicker <ma...@apache.org> on 2021/02/08 14:00:00 UTC

[ANN] Apache participating in Outreachy May-Aug 2021 - call for project proposals and mentors

Apache is participating once again in the Outreachy program [1], a
remote internship program where interns contribute to free and open
source software communities over a three month full-time stipend. This
program is somewhat comparable to Google Summer of Code, though the
eligibility requirements for both projects and interns are somewhat
different. Outreachy's goal is to support people from groups
underrepresented in the technology industry. Outreachy interns will
work remotely with mentors on projects ranging from programming, user
experience, documentation, illustration, and graphic design, to data
science.

An FAQ [2] is available for those looking for details on project and
mentor requirements. If you would like to mentor, co-mentor, or
otherwise get involved in making a project proposal (or multiple
proposals), register at [3] and click "Submit a Project Proposal" to
mentor a new proposal or follow the other form to co-mentor an
existing project proposal once available.

to the Apache Outreachy coordinators directly at
mattsicker@apache.org, katia@apache.org, and awasum@apache.org, or
they can be sent to #outreachy-general on the-asf.slack.com.

## Timeline

07 Mar 2021: deadline for mentors to submit project proposals
15 Mar 2021: beginning of applicant contribution period
16 Apr 2021: end of applicant contribution period
10 May 2021: deadline for selecting interns from applicants
12 May 2021: intern selection finalized by Outreachy
17 May 2021: intern selection publicly announced
24 May 2021: beginning of internship
24 Aug 2021: end of internship (can be extended if necessary)

[1]: https://www.outreachy.org/
[2]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/Outreachy+FAQ
[3]: https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/apache/

--
Matt Sicker
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation

Re: [ANN] Apache participating in Outreachy May-Aug 2021 - call for project proposals and mentors

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
We also can add `statistics` tasks to the list
(couple of JIRAs regarding OM/room attendance reports)

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: [ANN] Apache participating in Outreachy May-Aug 2021 - call for project proposals and mentors

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Fwd: [ANN] Apache participating in Outreachy May-Aug 2021 - call for project proposals and mentors