Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 王学超 <wa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/11 10:21:40 UTC

Quality and maturity of hadoop

hi everyone!
I have some questions,please give me some suggestion,thanks.

1、how are quality and maturity about technology/code of hadoop?
2、Who do hadoop compete with ?
3、For hadoop, who are key customers?

Re: Quality and maturity of hadoop

Posted by Jeremy Chow <co...@gmail.com>.
hi, sorry for my careless mistake.
2.  google's mapreduce, microsoft's  dryad and other traditional parallel
computing model like MPI, openMP, etc.

bytecode based virtual machine.

http://coderplay.javaeye.com

Re: Quality and maturity of hadoop

Posted by Jeremy Chow <co...@gmail.com>.
1. No doubt about the maturity of hadoop, Apache's luecene project is based
on hadoop, and meanwhile Amazon's book selling site has put hadoop into
practice now.
2. The founder of hadoop project Doug Cutting has joined to yahoo.com nearly
one year ago.
3. yahoo.com, amazon.com, ibm, etc.

在07-12-11,王学超 <wa...@gmail.com> 写道: