Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/08/09 09:33:26 UTC

Latest turbine...

I'm trying to get Scarab working with the latest of everything. I got things
to build and now I'm getting this exception...

My TR.props file is matching up with Turbine's.
Things compile just fine.

Any ideas?

-jon

A Servlet Exception Has Occurred

Exception Report:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet scarab threw
exception
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:876)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:602)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:545)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:355)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:292)
    at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java
:421)
    at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doGet(InvokerServlet.java:179)
    at
FilterChain.java:247)
    at
ain.java:193)
    at
va:255)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
    at
va:219)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
    at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:472)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2251)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164
)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:446)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
    at
:163)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
    at
888)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:980)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:496)

Root Cause:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
    at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:556)
    at sun.security.action.GetPropertyAction.run(GetPropertyAction.java:69)
    at java.io.PrintWriter.(PrintWriter.java:75)
    at
org.apache.commons.util.exception.NestableDelegate.decompose(NestableDelegat
e.java)
    at
org.apache.commons.util.exception.NestableDelegate.printStackTrace(NestableD
elegate.java)
    at
org.apache.commons.util.exception.NestableDelegate.printStackTrace(NestableD
elegate.java)
    at
org.apache.commons.util.exception.NestableRuntimeException.printStackTrace(N
estableRuntimeException.java)

Re: Latest turbine...

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 8/9/01 12:33 AM, "Jon Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get Scarab working with the latest of everything. I got things
> to build and now I'm getting this exception...
>
> My TR.props file is matching up with Turbine's.
> Things compile just fine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -jon

If you change this line to:

services.VelocityService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.Turb
ineVelocityService

Instead of the "correct":

services.VelocityService.classname=org.apache.fulcrum.velocity.TurbineVeloci
tyService

You will get that nasty unhelpful exception sent to the browser and this in
the turbine.log file:

2001-08-09 00:28:59,178 [HttpProcessor[8080][4]] INFO  default -
org.apache.fulc
rum.InstantiationException: Failed to instantiate service VelocityService:
Class
 org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService is unavailable.
Che
ck your jars and classes.:
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityS
ervice

The turbine.log is what pointed me to the problem, but a configuration error
like that should have been sent back to the user with a nice page, not a
weird fucked up exception.

Jason, please fix.

-jon