Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "J.V." <jv...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/09 00:38:20 UTC

jpa entity task?

Is anyone aware of a Maven or Ant or Gradle plugin that has a way to configure to accept a connection to a database and generate JPA entities from the DB?  I do not care which build tool, just something we can weave into the build any way possible - an ant task would be perfect.

The solution would map the database types correctly (and would work across all DB's including Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL&  SQL Server), and also configure the relationships inside each entity correctly (many to one/one to many/many to many).

We are using EclipseLink for the JPA provider (not hibernate).  Most developers use IntelliJ so an Eclipse plugin will not do the trick (need IDE independent tool , preferable something that can be called from an ant file.

thanks

J.V.