Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Pa...@barclayscapital.com on 2006/01/10 12:17:41 UTC

RE: Is there a way to get a source distribution outside of using SVN...

Hi Bill,

I'm not aware of any formal distribution of packaged source being made
available by JCS.
SVN is simple to use though, if you download and install it from
http://subversion.tigris.org/ you should be able to use the commands
below to get the source.

You can checkout the trunk (latest) JCS code by executing:

svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jcs/trunk
jcs-trunk

This will checkout the code into sub-directory jcs-trunk underneath the
current directory.

You can checkout a tagged version of the JCS code by executing:

svn checkout
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jcs/tags/jcs-1_2_3-dev
jcs-1_2_3-dev

This will checkout the version of the code used to build version 1.2.3
into sub-directory jcs-1_2_3-dev underneath the current directory.

Hope that helps!

Paul Smith