Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Chetan Lalye <cl...@sbcglobal.net> on 2004/01/17 05:31:02 UTC

Performance issues with Axis 1.1/1.2 (Java)

Hi,

With regards to  performance, has there been any performance analysis/measurements \
done with Axis.  I've been reading articles where other WS vendors claim that their \
implementation is 4x times faster then Axis. (However the comparison was with Axis \
1.0 )
Can the axis developers please comment on this issue with respect to 1.1 and the \
upcoming 1.2 ? Are there any performance improvements in 1.2 ?

thanks
Chetan

Re: Performance issues with Axis 1.1/1.2 (Java)

Posted by Jess Sightler <js...@eximtechnologies.com>.
Hi Steve,

I can say that moving from 1.1 to one of the CVS versions of Axis (from
long ago even) produced at least a 4x speedup for our app.  But,
unfortunately I have no hard/publishable data to back that assertion up.

In any case, comparing to the perf of very old versions of Axis (esp.
1.1) would be rather uninteresting and inaccurate.

---
Jess

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.