Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Al-Dhahir, Haitham" <Ha...@gs.com> on 2003/04/10 15:53:57 UTC

Markers in FOP 0.20.4/0.20.5

Hi,

Can anyone shed any light on what the status is with regards to markers and
FOP? According to the compliance document on the website, there is full
support for markers, but only basic support for the property
retrieve-position. Is this level of support limited to version 0.20.5 or
does it exist in 0.20.4 as well?

I am trying to use retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page" but this
doesn't seem to be working - is this implemented? I am attempting to
retrieve and display a marker in my static content with
retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page". The marker value is set twice
- once at the very beginning of the flow and once at the very end of the
flow. However, nothing at all is appearing in the expected area in my
generated document. I have tried versions 0.20.4 and 0.20.5 and the results
are the same.

Looking through the fop-dev archives, I notice that there has been a lot of
discussion on markers over the last couple of months (main thread: markers
in redesign) - but I'm not sure if this is only referring to the redesign
branch, and perhaps doesn't apply to the existing 0.20.4/5 binaries. Would
be grateful if someone could clarify.

Thanks,

Haitham.