Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Ciaran <ci...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/27 16:39:58 UTC

Dynamic Endpoint Reference seems to have been broken by ODE-581 ( r765432 ) on ODE 1_XX branch

Hi guys,
My BPEL flows (I *think*, although its possible this hasn't been function as
expected) used to work before changeset [765432], they no longer do (and
continue to work when I rever that changeset out.
I think its something to do with the 'location' property now being set on
the variable reference where it previously wasn't, but I'm very very out of
depth.  I've attached what I think is the relevant snipped of BPEL that I'm
using for doing my invoke:

<!-- in the bpel:variables section -->
<bpel:variable name="DynamicEndpointRef" element="wsa:EndpointReference" />

<!--- Trying to invoke a service call -->
<bpel:assign name="proxyPreparation">
<bpel:copy>
  <bpel:from>
    <bpel:literal>
      <wsa:EndpointReference xmlns:swsdl="uri:swsdl">
        <wsa:Address />
        <wsa:ServiceName PortName="PPSSoap">swsdl:PPS</wsa:ServiceName>
      </wsa:EndpointReference>
    </bpel:literal>
  </bpel:from>
  <bpel:to variable="DynamicEndpointRef" />
</bpel:copy>
<bpel:copy>

<bpel:from>bpel:doXslTransform("GetNextAddress.xsl",$DynamicEndpointRef/wsa:Address)</bpel:from>
  <bpel:to variable="ProxyAddress" />
</bpel:copy>
<bpel:copy>
  <bpel:from variable="ProxyAddress" />
  <bpel:to variable="DynamicEndpointRef">
    <bpel:query>wsa:Address</bpel:query>
  </bpel:to>
</bpel:copy>
<bpel:copy>
  <bpel:from variable="DynamicEndpointRef" />
  <bpel:to partnerLink="PPS" />
</bpel:copy>
<bpel:copy>
  <bpel:from>
    <bpel:literal>
      <swsdl:PPI>

<swsdl:processId>9f538fdb-ca36-4d5d-a056-d6bf92632f75</swsdl:processId>
      </swsdl:PPI>
    </bpel:literal>
  </bpel:from>
  <bpel:to variable="ppIn" part="parameters" />
</bpel:copy>
</bpel:assign>
<bpel:invoke name="InvokePPS" partnerLink="PPS" portType="swsdl:PPSSoap"
operation="PPI" inputVariable="ppIn" outputVariable="ppOut" />

And when the flow executes I see an error along the lines of :

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(104) | Couldn't find endpoint for partner EPR
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<service-ref xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/serviceref">
                            <Address xmlns="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/03/addressing">
http://server/myaddress.asmx?wsdl</Address>
                            <wsa:ServiceName xmlns:wsa="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/03/addressing"
PortName="PPSSoap">swsdl:PPS</wsa:ServiceName>
                          </service-ref>

I do not get this error, and the correct web service seems to get called
when I revert the change...  ideas, please, I'm desperate :)
- cj.

Re: Dynamic Endpoint Reference seems to have been broken by ODE-581 ( r765432 ) on ODE 1_XX branch

Posted by Ciaran <ci...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexis,
As it happens I have provided Karthick with a test case, off list a couple
of days ago :)  Karthick also responded to my e-mail earlier (thanks
Karthick) and is still looking into the issue for me, but is unfortunately
snowed under currently ;)

Thanks chaps,
- cj.

Posted by Alexis Midon <mi...@intalio.com>.

Posted by Ciaran <ci...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

Posted by Ciaran <ci...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Karthick Sankarachary <
sankarachary@intalio.com> wrote:

> Ciaran,
>
> Looks like you are trying to invoke an operation on this endpoint:
> http://server/myaddress.asmx?wsdl. Perhaps you need to start a service at
> that endpoint?

I sanitised the address ;) But there definately is a service running on the
address there I can assure you, I take the revision out and my workflows
work, I put it back in they stop!

The reason this is happening is something to do with the location field on
the variable reference now being set whereas before when both the 'part' and
the 'header' were null it wouldn't have been...

> If you feel that this is due to a bug, please send me a test case project
> containing the .bpel, .wsdl and deploy.xml files.

Any suggestions on how to provide you with mock 3rd party Web services (I
tend to use SoapUI, but I don't know how you would integrate that as a
test-case)
 -cJ

Posted by Karthick Sankarachary <sa...@intalio.com>.
Ciaran,