Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by David Nuescheler <da...@day.com> on 2009/05/29 10:13:15 UTC

[ANN] cmis.day.com

Hi all,

just in case you need a publicly accessible instance of CMIS for testing
purposes, we are running Apache Chemistry over JCR feel free to
try to connect to:

http://cmis.day.com

the service document can be found here:

http://cmis.day.com/cmis/service/repository

the repository console in case you want to upload some content or do
some testing
can be found here:

http://jcr.day.com

... more info on:
http://dev.day.com or
http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/publiccmisserver.html

regards,
david

Re: [ANN] cmis.day.com

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@sourcesense.com>.
On May 29, 2009, at 10:13 AM, David Nuescheler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> just in case you need a publicly accessible instance of CMIS for
> testing
> purposes, we are running Apache Chemistry over JCR feel free to
> try to connect to:
>
> http://cmis.day.com

Thanks for setting this up, David. However, the service document
asserts that it supports version 0.5 of CMIS, not 0.61. Do you think
it could be upgraded to support the latest draft?

Also, the query collection is described thusly:

       <collection xmlns:cmis="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200901
" href="http://cmis.day.com/cmis/service/query"
cmis:collectionType="query">
          <title xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" type="text">the
query</title>
       </collection>

Now I am not sure what the spec says on this point, but it would be
very useful if the collection declared that it accepts the
"application/cmisquery+xml" mime type using:

	<accept>application/cmisquery+xml</accept>

As a suggestion for the CMIS TC, please make this a MUST, if it isn't
already ;)

	Cheers,

		Ugo

--
Ugo Cei

Re: [ANN] cmis.day.com

Posted by Dominique Pfister <do...@day.com>.
Hi Ugo,

just fixed the specification version issue (0.5 was still hardcoded).
I checked the children links when navigating down the hierarchy:
apparently there was a problem with the path prefix (should have been
http://cmis.day.com/cmis/service/descendants/2f...)  that now
disappeared. I'd be happy if you could give it another try!

Regards
Dominique

Re: [ANN] cmis.day.com

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@day.com>.
hi ugo,

sorry for the delay since i am traveling...

thanks a lot for all the testing and sorry for the inconvenience.
i would like to forward your question to dominique. i think this is an issue
that we should be able to address.

regards,
david

2009/6/5 Ugo Cei <u....@sourcesense.com>:

> On May 29, 2009, at 10:13 AM, David Nuescheler wrote:
>
>> just in case you need a publicly accessible instance of CMIS for testing
>> purposes, we are running Apache Chemistry over JCR feel free to
>> try to connect to:
>>
>> http://cmis.day.com
>

> David,
>
> I tried exploring the content starting from the rootchildren collection, which looks fine, but I cannot dive in deeper than that. Basically, all rel="chidren" links for entries in the root collection, like e.g. <http://cmis.day.com/cmis/descendants/2f74657374666f6c64657233> return 404 Not Found.
>
>        Ugo
>
> --
> Ugo Cei
> Sourcesense - making sense of Open Source: http://www.sourcesense.com