Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kai Müller <km...@mediadom.de> on 2000/07/31 11:51:52 UTC

Tomcat+Apache: java.io.IOException:Stream broken

Hi everybody! I'm new to the list with the following problem:

I'm trying to run Tomcat 3.1 / Tomcat 3.2 beta 2 with Apache 1.3.12 on a
Apple PowerBook with Linux 2.2.14.
As Stand-alone (localhost:8080) it works, but when I try to run it with
on port 8007 (http://localhost:8007/) the following error occurs:

java.io.IOException: Stream broken
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:386)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:134)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
(the same with Tomcat 3.2b2)

In both cases I downloaded the source jakarta-tomcat.tar.gz from
jakarta.apache.org/downloads/sourceindex.html, built the mod_jserv.so
with the command (see the userguide)

apxs -c -o mod_jserv.so *.c

and put it into the Apache libexecdir. I modified the tomcat.conf and
httpd.conf.

(I use the JDK 1.2.2 for PPC from www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html.)

What is wrong? Maybe someone can help me. Thank you very much in
advance,

Kai Mueller

Re: Tomcat+Apache: java.io.IOException:Stream broken

Posted by Kai Müller <km...@mediadom.de>.
Thank you for the hints!

I will try ajp://localhost:8007 instead of http://localhost:8007  (or is there another way to test it?) as soon
as possible. Unfortunately my friend has taken my laptop... ;-)

The second hint (wrong version of mod_jserv) I found in the tomcat developer list, too. But in my case I
compiled the module on my machine. I think the sources on the jakarta sites are ok, so I don't think that's the
error. Maybe the platform (Power PC) is wrong. I will set up the same configuration on a Intel system in the
next days.

Kai

Re: Tomcat+Apache: java.io.IOException:Stream broken

Posted by Markus Colombo <ma...@customercare.ch>.
Hi

I've had teh same problem when I used a wrong version of mod_jserv.

HTH

Markus Colombo

Posted by boni <bo...@reflexmicrobyte.com>.
See, as far as I know Port 8007 is for internal management and not for an
http connection

thanks and regards
bONI

Posted by Alex Urzola <au...@cecar.edu.co>.