Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2002/06/01 20:03:57 UTC

RE: [C2] bug: still have to touch XSP file after changing logicsheet

> From: Christopher Painter-Wakefield [mailto:paint007@mc.duke.edu]
>

> Cocoon doesn't recognize the dependencies of XSP files on the
logicsheet
> they use.  Changing a logicsheet does not force a recompile of the
> dependent XSP pages.  Instead we must manually touch each XSP page
using
> the logicsheet.
>
> I know this has been reported in the past, but it is a constant
annoyance,
> and I'm wondering if there is a time when we can expect a fix?

IIRC, this depends how you referencing your logicsheet. Changes in
built-in logicsheet are not monitored, but if logicsheet is referenced
directly from the XSP, changes are noticed.

Check out logicsheet.xsp sample - it works perfectly, and recognizes
dependencies in the hello.xsl logicsheet.

Vadim