Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by je...@philips.com on 2002/04/04 17:36:47 UTC

Streaming

Hi folks,

We're developping a webservices that sends back a particular object. We've
implemented our own serializer & deserializer for that kind of object.
Our problem is that those kind of object, once serialized in xml, are huge
(up to 10MB). As the SOAP envelope is entirely generated in memory before
being sent to our client the amount of RAM used is far too heavy.
We would like the serializer to be able to send directly to the client the
SOAP envelope while being generated instead of building it in memory. In
short, we would like the serializer to stream the SOAP message.
Despite the fact that it is not a good use of the SOAP, we really would
like to experience that. And as far as we've been investigating the source
code, the SOAP envelope are always generated in memory, whatever the
serializer (StringWriter are used everywhere).
Does anyone have an idea of how to do that?

kind regards,
Jean Seurin