Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Ron Reynolds <Ro...@RonReynolds.com> on 2005/10/18 20:52:35 UTC

wss4j server and a vb client?

no joke - i have a service written in Java that uses wss4j for security (UsernameTokens and Signatures) and i need to
worry about someone who wants to port a VB client to use it.  has this been done?  is it impossible or just nuts?
(i'm hoping for nuts, but possible).  i don't even do VB so when this guy comes to me with questions any pointers will
be most appreciated. :)
................ron.

Re: wss4j server and a vb client?

Posted by Steve Brunton <br...@dweeb.turner.com>.
Ron Reynolds wrote:
> no joke - i have a service written in Java that uses wss4j for
> security (UsernameTokens and Signatures) and i need to worry about
> someone who wants to port a VB client to use it.  has this been done?
> is it impossible or just nuts? (i'm hoping for nuts, but possible).
> i don't even do VB so when this guy comes to me with questions any
> pointers will be most appreciated. :) ................ron.

We have on the server side Axis and WSS4J doing security and SOAP
services for a .Net client running on users desktops. I don't know about
VB but the .Net stuff was pretty painless.

--
Steve Brunton   <br...@dweeb.turner.com>  Phone: 404-885-2436
Chief Engineer                               AOL IM : schitzo42

Re: wss4j server and a vb client?

Posted by Steve Brunton <br...@dweeb.turner.com>.