Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dan H <hu...@yahoo.de> on 2010/04/23 16:23:30 UTC

Packaging and deploying a JAX-WS service

I'm trying to deploy a JAX-WS Web Service that uses Hibernate, so I have
to set the "ServiceTCCL" parameter to "composite". Otherwise the thread
context classloader can't find org.hibernate.hql.ast.HqlToken.
(unverified if setting ServiceTCCL will actually fix it but it's worth a
try)

It appears that this parameter can only be set in services.xml and not
in axis2.xml.

>From the Axis2 documentation:

"Axis2 provides two mechanisms for deploying JAX-WS services:

   1. The service may be packaged and deployed as an AAR, just like any
      other service within Axis2. Like with all AARs, a services.xml
      file containing the relevant metadata is required for the service
      to deploy correctly.
   2. The service may be packaged in a jar file and placed into the
      |servicejars| directory. The |JAXWSDeployer| will examine all jars
      within that directory and deploy those classes that have JAX-WS
      annotations which identify them as Web services."

My questions:

concerning 1. ===> How? What goes in services.xml when using JAX-WS and
JAXB? Where do I find proper documentation for services.xml?
concerning 2. ===> If there is no services.xml, how do I set parameters
such as ServiceTCCL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Dan

RE: Packaging and deploying a JAX-WS service

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
jaxws-guide which will address how to deploy jaxws web-service the snippet states:
      command-line tools for generating portable artifacts for
      JAX-WS Web services. When creating JAX-WS Web services, you
      can start with either a WSDL file or an implementation bean
      class. If you start with an implementation bean class, use
      the wsgen command-line tool to generate all the Web services
      server artifacts, including a WSDL file if requested. If you
      start with a WSDL file, use the wsimport command-line tool to
      generate all the Web services artifacts for either the server
      or the client. The wsimport command line tool processes the
      WSDL file with schema definitions to generate the portable
      artifacts, which include the service class, the service
      endpoint interface class, and the JAXB 2.0 classes for the
      corresponding XML schema.

not sure about the other question on declaring class attributes at axis2.xml level?
pojoguidespring/META-INF/services.xml declaration states:
 <service name="SpringInit" class="sample.spring.service.SpringInit">
    <description>
      This web service initializes Spring.
    </description>
    <parameter name="ServiceClass" >sample.spring.service.SpringInit</parameter>
    <parameter name="ServiceTCCL" >composite</parameter>

parameter ServiceTCCL is a parameter of the service class and not axis
perhaps you can elucidate the reasons for refactoring a service parameter to system level
?
Martin Gainty

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Please vote for AXIS2-4611 ;-)