Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Daniel M. Drucker" <dm...@3e.org> on 2004/09/28 04:43:56 UTC

SARE: What is safe for 3.0.0?

A simple question:
 Are all the rules on http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm safe for
use with 3.0.0, other than the ones specifically labeled "pre3.0.0" or
"x30"?

 Are any of said rules now unneccessary, even if they're safe?

--
Daniel Drucker / dmd@3e.org

Re: SARE: What is safe for 3.0.0?

Posted by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net>.
Hello Daniel,

DMD> A simple question:
DMD>  Are all the rules on http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm safe for
DMD> use with 3.0.0, other than the ones specifically labeled "pre3.0.0" or
DMD> "x30"?

DMD>  Are any of said rules now unneccessary, even if they're safe?

Define "safe".  They work.  Some are less safe than others.

And then there's http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm#highrisk ...

On that page, with 3.0, do not use bigevil or sc_top200 -- those are
superceded by SURBL.

On that page, ratware has been obsoleted and will be deleted shortly.

Maybe someone with a little more time on their hands than I have
should update that page with these 3.0.0 recommendations...

Bob Menschel