Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Rian Kruger <ri...@thawte.com> on 2003/10/28 13:40:15 UTC

Build failure

Hi

I've been struggling to build JCs the whole day, if some one could
please assist me it would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure is this is a problem with Maven, if it is please forgive me
for mailing to this list.

I downloaded the JCS_1_0 tag.

I'm using

$java -version
java version "1.4.1_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_02-b06)

This is what I typed:

$ cd jakarta-turbine-jcs
$ maven jar

Here is the error message I get:

         at
         at
         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.dom4j.io.XMLWriter.setEscapeText(Z)V
         at
org.apache.commons.jelly.XMLOutput.createXMLOutput(XMLOutput.java:187)
         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.initializeRootContext(App.java:349)
         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.initialize(App.java:291)
         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:466)
         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1109)
         ... 6 more

Thanks in advance

Rian