Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> on 2003/11/30 22:36:47 UTC

Re: maven:site and Forrest (was Re: [VOTE] The Maven Logo)

Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>Are you actually confirming you believe it's an overkill even ofr
>>jakarta commons ?
> Absolutely it's overkill. Additionally if I ever made a live site tool
> for Maven I would personally never use anything Cocoon-based. That's my
> preference and as such carries some weight around here.

I fear I'm sharing your view but this view on my side has always been
made as an ignorant... i.e. Cocoon has always seemed to be too big for
our needs, and little talks I had seemed to make it too hard to work with.

It would be nice if persons that both know jelly, xdoc, and maven, as
well as Cocoon do comment on a comparison...

Thanks.

Paul