Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com> on 2013/04/11 21:57:56 UTC

Re: Data in File-channel data folder

The File Channel deletes the files from which all events have been removed at the time of a checkpoint. But, the channel will keep 2 log files per data directory even if all its events are taken out. Once all events from log-1, log-2 are taken out and then events get written to log-3, log-1 will be deleted at the next checkpoint. Unless a log-3 is created, both log-1 and log-2 will not be deleted.

Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan

Posted by Madhu Gmail <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Hari.

This is very useful information.

Let me try that scenario where I will send more data to create log-3.

Thanks

Madhu  Munagala