Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org> on 2018/11/30 18:20:32 UTC

Re: Persitant workflow file with NiFi and Docker[ra]

Hi Doug, thanks for sharing. I do believe this will help people looking to perform similar actions. Is there a specific section of the Apache documentation you found confusing? You mentioned the documentation around exporting the flow.xml.gz file to be lacking; is there a specific place you would expect those instructions to be? Maybe the Admin Guide or User Guide?

I added a comment to the post which I’ll paste here for people on the mailing list.

Hi Doug. Thanks for sharing your learnings here and documenting them for other users. If you want to simplify this process, the template definition is serialized in the XML code contained within flow.xml.gz (i.e. if you have a running NiFi instance with 10 templates defined, there will be 10 "<template>...</template>" sections in the XML of flow.xml.gz as well as the actual flow definition). Thus, if you're copying the flow.xml.gz to your Docker instance directly, you do not need to independently copy the template file, nor go through the process of importing it via the UI/API. Cheers.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com