Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jochen Kempf <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/08 01:20:12 UTC

Problems with puull replication

HI,

I already posted about this problem but didn't get any answer - so I hope
someone can help me now.

I am absolutely confused concerning replication and authentication...
- Poosh replication (replicate local data to a remote CouchDB) is working
perfectly
- Puull replication (replicate remote data to my local CouchDB) is mostly
failing because of authentication problems

The strange thing about this is, that sometimes (aprox. 5%) puull
replication works but just for certain db's. There is no difference between
Futon triggered vs programatically triggered puull replication.

The logs are pretty difficult to interpret for me as a load of messages
appear - but mostly I can see the 401 error.

Has anyone had similar problems or may have ideas how to get puull
replication work?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Problems with puull replication

Posted by Jochen Kempf <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the ortographic errors - I had to change these words due to spam
evaluation.

I thought that the authentication error may come from the CouchDB
authentication handler so I wanted to create a CouchDB admin with the same
credentials as the nginx authentication uses.

Unfortunately, I cannot create a admin user vía the Futon interface in v
0.11.0.

I posted the log here: http://gist.github.com/359623

Maybe someone can help me out with that....and with some luck the previous
mentioned replication problem also disappears.