Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/04 20:17:41 UTC

WicketModal customization

I'm trying to use WicketModal with a newer, more accessibility friendly modal
that our front-end guy picked out.

http://api.jqueryui.com/dialog/

I copied the source from wicket-extensions ModalWindow and was replacing
javascript and customizing until I came to the getWindowOpenJavaScript()
method.  In that, it's doing alot more than javascript.  It has the
following code block.

So I am guessing this is creating a whole other page because i think the
wicket modal is in an iframe.  I kind of feel, therefore, that I can dump
all of this.  Or does it serve some greater purpose than i realize?

			Page page = createPage();
			if (page == null)
			{
				throw new WicketRuntimeException("Error creating page for modal
dialog.");
			}
			CharSequence pageUrl;
			RequestCycle requestCycle = RequestCycle.get();

			page.getSession().getPageManager().touchPage(page);
			if (page.isPageStateless())
			{
				pageUrl = requestCycle.urlFor(page.getClass(),
page.getPageParameters());
			}
			else
			{
				IRequestHandler handler = new RenderPageRequestHandler(new
PageProvider(page));
				pageUrl = requestCycle.urlFor(handler);
			}

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html

Re: WicketModal customization

Posted by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com>.
I wasn't aware of that library, thanks!

Posted by Martin Grigorov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'd recommend you to use Wicket-JQuery-UI library. It provides an
integration with this dialog widget and many (all ?!) other JQueryUI
widgets and even KendoUI.