Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au> on 2010/11/25 18:08:05 UTC

[libcloud] [VOTE] - Libcloud to become a TLP.

Hi All,

This is a chance for the libcloud community and committers to
vote on whether or not you think we are ready to become an
ASF top level project. In other words, the community thinks
it has learned all it can from the Incubator, and that we feel
we are following the guidelines learned along the way.

Please vote now, we have plenty of time until the next board
meeting is due in which a resolution would be required, so we'll
leave this open for 1 week to gather as many votes as possible.

[ ] - +1 - yes please, we are ready to become a TLP.

[ ] - -/+0 - Not that opinionated either way.

[ ] - -1 - no , I don't think we are ready , because ...

Note any -1 must be accompanied by a detailed explanation.

This vote will close one week from today.

Gav...

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] - Libcloud to become a TLP.

Posted by Roman Bogorodskiy <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Roman Bogorodskiy

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] - Libcloud to become a TLP.

Posted by Alex Polvi <po...@cloudkick.com>.
+1

--
co-founder, cloudkick.com
twitter.com/cloudkick

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] - Libcloud to become a TLP.

Posted by Jed Smith <je...@jedsmith.org>.
+1

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] - Libcloud to become a TLP.

Posted by Eric Woods <wo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jerry,

Yes, I did run the build script.  I also committed libcloud.html built within site-publish/projects just now.

Thanks,
Eric W.

Posted by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Roman Bogorodskiy <bo...@gmail.com>.
  Gav... wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> this vote will close in a few hours.
>
> Still waiting for information to come in regarding affiliations of :
>
> Roman Bogorodskiy, Jeremiah Orem, Ivan Meredith.
>
> I note also that of those, Roman and Ivan do not seem to be subscribed
> to the private list. Someone should poke the to get both done today.

Yeah, I seem to have problem catching up with people online because of
time difference and me going to bed early last few days. :)

I think I should be listed as 'independent'.

Roman Bogorodskiy

RE: [libcloud] [VOTE] - Libcloud to become a TLP.

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Hi All,

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Posted by Eric Woods <wo...@gmail.com>.

[libcloud] Community/Committers to address Mentors concerns (was:RE: [libcloud] [VOTE] - Libcloud to become a TLP.)

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Ok, so although the recent vote passed, it seems clear that we should not
proceed to an Incubator PMC vote without the full backing and support of all
the projects Mentors.

Below, I list again the remaining concerns of Ant, and now it is up to the
community and committers to address them.
I will not go forward with an Incubator vote until this is done. It does not
look to be much that needs addressing.

Further down, I have left my earlier replies intact.

Gav...

Ants concerns:

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

RE: [libcloud] [VOTE] - Libcloud to become a TLP.

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Posted by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>.
On Dec 2, 2010, at 2:51 PM, ant elder wrote:

> No i'm still -1. As i said i don't get the warm fuzzy feeling that the
> community has learnt all the Apache Way yet and that I'd like to see
> others besides Paul (and you) doing more.
>
>   ...ant

Are there good resources for release management, voting procedures, and other tasks Paul has championed, or is it all learn by example?

Thanks,
Jerry

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Ok, fair enough, as a procedural vote, majority consensus is in play
here so it looks like the vote will pass anyway.

It will then be up to the Incubator PMC to decide.

(so I'll see you there too I guess)

Gav...

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.
+1

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

+1 from me.

My only real concern of a varied committer base has been answered.

Gav...

Posted by Dan Di Spaltro <da...@cloudkick.com>.
+1

-Dan