Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Taj <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/01 19:56:54 UTC

Tomcat 4.1Configuration <404 error>

Iam having problem in setting my application running in Tomcat 4.1

The applications directory is situated at
/Tomcat4.1/webapps/ROOT/myapplication

This is the only place that my pages are visible to the server.

My class files are situated at
/Tomcat4.1/webapps/ROOT/myapplication/WEB-INF/classes/

The html pages in the directory /Tomcat4.1/webapps/ROOT/myapplication/ are
visible to the server but my class files

are not. I have tried everthing. The web.xml file is kept in the directory
/Tomcat4.1/webapps/ROOT/myapplication/WEB-INF/

and the web.xml file goes like:

<web-app>

   <servlet>

                        <servlet-name>GetInput</servlet-name>

                        <servlet-class>GetInput</servlet-class>

   </servlet>

   <servlet-mapping>

                        <servlet-name>GetInput</servlet-name>

                        <url-pattern>/GetInput</url-pattern>

   </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

Where the GetInput in the servlet-name.

The HTML page that calls the servlet has the following syntax for the POST
command:

<form method="POST" action="GetInput">

I have also added to the environment variables of my OS, the following:

CATALINA_HOME=E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1

TOMCAT_HOME=E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1

But to no difference

Even after all this I get the 404 error: the required source was not found.

I would by very thankful to anyone who can find what I have missed and help
me out.

Thanks

RE: Tomcat 4.1Configuration <404 error>

Posted by Taj <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Hi
Iam using jdk1.4.2 allright but my class is known as GetInput only
And not somepackage.GetInput. iam really frustrated by this.
Can u give some other suggestions.