Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Dirk Daems <di...@telenet.be> on 2005/03/28 14:07:47 UTC

nutch searching

Hi,

I'm quite new to the nutch project, but it seems to be what I was
looking for :)
After reading the tutorial I have a few questions about the searching part:

1. Is it really necessary to make nutch the root web application in
tomcat? I'd prefer not to change my root web application.
2. When using intranet crawling, is it necessary that tomcat is started
in the parent directory of the segments dir? Or is that configurable in
one way or another?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Dirk