Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Peter Mills <de...@peter.mills.to> on 2005/09/24 21:45:46 UTC

Race condition in last Monday's SVN code?

I'm getting an exception in my test code, depending on at what point in my
code I call:

DomDaoManagerBuilder builder = new DomDaoManagerBuilder();

builder.Configure("dao.config");

If I put this code directly in my test method (i.e. TestGetCustomer), prior
to using the DAO, then all is well.  Unfortunately, if I factor out that
code (for simplicity, with only 1 test fixture, this could be put in the
class' constrictor or [TestFixtureSetup] method), then I get the following
exception:

Persistence.Test.CustomerSqlMapDaoTest.GetCustomer :

- The error occurred while configure DaoSessionHandler.

- The error occurred in <property name="resource" value="sqlMap.config"
xmlns="http://ibatis.apache.org/dataAccess" />.

- Check the IBatisNet.DataAccess.DaoSessionHandlers.SqlMapDaoSessionHandler.

If I ignore the session handler configuration in my dao.config, then I get a
similar "simple" DaoSessionHandler exception.

Strangely, although, with the code in the test fixture class' constrictor or
[TestFixtureSetup], the code fails in isolation, the code runs perfectly if
it is run as part of a test suite and it is NOT the first test case in the
suite.

I'm developing in whidby (VS 2005) beta 2, and using the SVN code from last
Monday.

Peter

RE: Race condition in last Monday's SVN code?

Posted by Peter Mills <de...@peter.mills.to>.
My apologies, I should have updated to the most current SVN version of the
code, rather than reporting on last Monday's, which few people are probably
using.  I updated to the most current version tonight and the problem is
still there.

The exception I mentioned before seems to stem from a TypeLoadingException
(trying to load my Domain.Customer type), which is thrown from
TypeResolver.cs (line 114).  To test loading this type, manually, I created
a Domain.Customer object myself, right before calling builder.configure(),
and it fixed the problem.  The bottom line is that it seems I have to create
a Domain.Customer object somewhere in my code, before configuring the DAO.

Is this a bug?  Am I doing something wrong in starting up the DAO?  Any
advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter

  _____