Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2003/04/21 22:40:08 UTC

[DOCS] New updates to Wiki. Please review.

Hi all,

I added based on my experiences with the SessionValidator some docs:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaTurbine2UsersGuide

Here is something about using the PassiveUserManager:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaTurbine2UsersGuide/Turbi
neSecurityNotUsing

Could anyone who has worked with this code review my posts and make sure I
am not missing something/giving bad advice?

Eric Pugh

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
EPugh@upstate.com writes:

>Here is something about using the PassiveUserManager:
>http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaTurbine2UsersGuide/Turbi
>neSecurityNotUsing

You might want to add that you have to make sure that you don't use
any of the secure Screen and Action classes.

	Regards
		Henning

RE: [DOCS] New updates to Wiki. Please review.

Posted by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com>.
> From: EPugh@upstate.com [mailto:EPugh@upstate.com]
>
> I added based on my experiences with the SessionValidator some docs:
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaTurbine2UsersGuide
>
> Here is something about using the PassiveUserManager:
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaTurbine2UsersG
> uide/TurbineSecurityNotUsing
>
> Could anyone who has worked with this code review my posts and make sure I
> am not missing something/giving bad advice?

Thank you, Eric!

I added a note about creating your own secure Screen/Action hierarchy if it
is needed.  I also changed in the first paragraph of
TurbineSecurityNotUsing:

"...the fact that there is persistent data store..."

to:

"...the fact that there is no persistent data store (a user database)..."

But I am not sure if that is what you meant.  Take a look at it and let me
know if you mean otherwise.

Chris