Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by BO CHEN WU <bo...@psu.edu> on 2007/08/03 20:33:08 UTC

Question about the registry constantly check the provider.

Does anyone know how to integrate the registry and make the registry constantly check see if the provider is on.
I install the jUDDI and MySQL. and i had two computers that registered services in the registry. i'm try to figure out to ask the registry to constantly check see if the computers are available to provide the service(which mean see if the computer is on or not) i'm thinking using ping, but i don't know where to start it. does anyone know where and how to configure the database and registry? or which file i have to make change?

Thank You For Your Time.

Bo Chen Wu

Computer Engineering & Mathematic

Pennsylvania State University

bow5003@psu.edu

(646)-861-9905

RE: Question about the registry constantly check the provider.

Posted by "Duan, Nick" <ND...@mcdonaldbradley.com>.

Alan is right.  UDDI registry is not designed to monitor service
availability.  Some commercial products such as AmberPoint provide
service monitoring functions as part of the SOA runtime governance
solution.  But such products are usually difficult to use and configure.

If you just want to check if your computer is on or not, it's better to
use SNMP-based monitoring tools (e.g. HP openview, but I am sure there
are open-source tools as well).  They are designed to monitor the
availability of your network and hardware systems.

ND

Posted by Alan Vinh <al...@nist.gov>.