Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2003/04/08 09:28:59 UTC

Re: PMC Chair

On 8/04/2003 8:55 Matthew Langham wrote:

> Just to let you know beforehand that Carsten is also interested in the job -
> so I will be nominating him shortly.

As I tried to infer in my message, I would like to see this Chair thing
to be eradicated of any "star stage" aspect, and as such I'm willing to
lead the way with a first, boring term of 6 months to set the style:
only legal aspects, perhaps the creation of specific bylaws the PMC sees
fit, report to the board upon board meeting times, and then happily
resign after the first term. Hopefully I will be able during this time
to come up with some SOP for the Cocoon PMC Chair, to help the others
who will follow me.

Needless to say, for the outside world, my only visible affiliation with
this project is my email address & commit rights. I see the role of a
PMC Chair as strictly internal to the ASF.

Of course, I'm perfectly willing to step aside if the situation requires
this.

Pardon me to CC this to cocoon-dev, but I felt this reply should be
heard over there, too.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org