Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by DURDINA Michal <du...@asset.sk> on 2003/05/27 19:09:03 UTC

How to access sourceResolver in action configure() method

Hello!
I am using own ConfigurableComposerAction and I have problem with loading
configuration from external file (from filesystem). In act() method, I would
use SourceResolver parameter passed to this method, but in configure()
method I do not know where should I get the source resolver from.

I am using Cocoon 2.0.4 with compiled sitemap, thus I cannot use this:

  public void compose(ComponentManager manager) throws ComponentException {
        this.manager = manager;
        this.resolver = (SourceResolver)manager.lookup(SourceResolver.ROLE);
    }

Thank you for your help,
Michal

Re: How to access sourceResolver in action configure() method

Posted by Charles Yates <ce...@stanford.edu>.
oops, I mean sitemap.xmap, not cocoon.xconf.

Posted by Charles Yates <ce...@stanford.edu>.

Posted by David Kavanagh <da...@dotech.com>.
Michal,
The action has access to the SourceResolver in the act() method, but not
the compose() method. In cocoon2.1, I hear you can get access to the
SourceResolver via the ServiceManager (or will it still be the
ComponentManager?).

David