Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2011/01/24 18:42:03 UTC

"Absorbing" Tomcat Mojo from Codehaus as a Tomcat Module

Hello Folks,
To resolve some trademarks issues and probably because the place is
more natural and better, I'd like to move the Tomcat Maven Plugin from
Codehaus to a tomcat module.
As I'm a little newbie here, is there someone to help me on what is
exactly needed and what are the necessary stuff/materials to
do/provide ?

Thanks in advance,
--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/

Re: "Absorbing" Tomcat Mojo from Codehaus as a Tomcat Module

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Olivier!

I'm facing the same with moving over the openjpa-maven-plugin to the OpenJPA project - so I did a bit homework already ;)

Here is my list of things to check

*) go through all files and check the license headers. If they are ALv2 already, then a big part of the work is already fine.
*) do a svn log and check if those contributors are still available. If they already have an iCLA on file, then all is well. If not - dough ;)
*) check the JIRA if patches with questionable IP clearance got applied.

Any other ideas?

LieGrue,
strub