Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Fisher <zo...@yinhoo.com> on 2007/08/20 03:43:30 UTC

Can I set the 'error' process repository to same with spool repository?

Hi,

If an email got an error when processing, it will store to the
'/var/mail/error' by default. Can I set the 'error' process repository to
same with spool repository, so the 'error' email can be reprocessed? I do no
want it just stored in the error repository.
Thanks.

Fisher

Re: Can I set the 'error' process repository to same with spool repository?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Fisher ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> If an email got an error when processing, it will store to the
> '/var/mail/error' by default. Can I set the 'error' process repository to
> same with spool repository, so the 'error' email can be reprocessed? I do no
> want it just stored in the error repository.
> Thanks.
>
> Fisher

you can add a
<mailet match="All" class="ToProcessor">
<processor>root</processor>
</mailet>
in the error processor.

WARNING WARNING WARNING: I bet this will create much more problems than
what you're trying to solve. This will create a lot of loops and will
probably DOS your JAMES very soon. When a message ends up in "error"
there is a cause: if you don't want this you should understand how to
fix the cause: respooling it will probably result in another error.

Stefano