Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Nicholas O'Neil <ni...@outlook.com> on 2015/10/13 19:09:47 UTC

Problems with Open Office 4.1.1

Hi Dev for Open Office,

I have been experiencing problems with Open Office for a while. It crashes and the spell checker thinks every thing is wrong. I saw you post on Google+ on September 28 and I was informed that there are bug fixes coming.

Thank you, Nicholas.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Problems with Open Office 4.1.1

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:09:47 -0400
Nicholas O'Neil <ni...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi Dev for Open Office,
>
> I have been experiencing problems with Open Office for a while. It crashes and the spell checker thinks every thing is wrong. I saw you post on Google+ on September 28 and I was informed that there are bug fixes coming.
>
> Thank you, Nicholas.
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Delete or rename your OpenOffice user profile. As you are using Windows do this by:

Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Delete or Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck and stability  problems after upgrades.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>