Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <du...@c-ware.de> on 2004/10/14 11:55:41 UTC

Creating GIF images

Hi,

I know I asked this question a few months ago, but I never got a
satisfying response and my final exams robbed my time so I couldn't do
any nice things.
First: Is there a SVG-to-Gif Serializer? If yes, then I won't have to
start working on one.
Second: I know the patent on the GIF format no longer exists (I hope
this is right) are there any legl problems with creating a SVG-to-Gif
Serializer?

    Christofer Dutz

Re: Creating GIF images

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
The most reasonable solution might be to add a feature to Apache Batik
(http://xml.apache.org/batik/) which allows you to generate GIFs.

The answer to the second question probably should be: ask a lawyer.

Andreas